Dr. Gallo utilizes removal protocols based on recommendations of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT), Dr. Hal Huggins, other prominent holistic dental organizations, and his own personal research over the last 41 years as a practicing dentist.
Procedures Dr. Gallo Follows in Full Dental Revision:
- Rubber Dam – This is a thin sheet of rubber that isolates the tooth/teeth being worked on and helps prevent particles and bacteria from entering the soft tissue of the mouth.
- Negative Ion Generators – When removing amalgam fillings, the vapor from the fillings releases into the air. The negative ion generators help to capture the mercury in a filter thus reducing exposure to patient, dentist, and assistant.
- Sequential Removal of Fillings – Measuring the electrical current using a Rita Meter and removing the most negative current fillings first, allowing a set of 4 healing endocrine glands to be stimulated therefore promoting healing.
- Immune Compatible Filling Materials – A serum compatibility test of your blood to be tested against most dental materials in use today. Only those materials that report minimal challenge to your immune system will be selected.
- Oxygen for the Patient to Breathe – To greater eliminate the possibility of breathing in mercury vapor.
- IV Vitamin C – Provided for protection against fumes and vapors that can be absorbed or inhaled as fillings are removed. IV Vitamin C is especially necessary during oral surgery. Bacteria and toxins release into your blood stream during oral surgery and the vitamin C can aid in neutralizing their damaging properties.
- Conscious Sedation – This is an intravenous procedure that puts you in the twilight zone. This allows all work to be able to be completed in one appointment to the delight of your immune system.
- PRF – Platelet Rich Fibrin or PRF is taken from the patient’s blood. This substance contains bone growth enhancing elements that are placed within the extraction site or bone defect at the time of surgery. This usually allows for a better overall healing response.
- TENNENT Biotransducer – The Tennant Biotransducer is an FDA approved medical device that reduces pain and inflammation. It also stimulates a healing response. This treatment uses a Tesla coil to introduce electrons into a given site. An area of injury or sickness needs electrons to heal, and the Biotransducer provides this effect in a painless way. This is used immediately after surgery as an additional step to increase the healing response.
- Massage – Generally applied a day or two before revision. The purpose is to stimulate release of ionic calcium needed for healing after surgery. Massage also helps to stimulate your white blood cells, which are needed after a dental revision.
- Acupressure – Immediately after dental revision, acupressure has the ability of reintroducing your nervous system to your muscular system. The normal impulses that connect these parts of your anatomy get “scrambled” during dental procedures. This procedure has also shown to alleviate pain therefore very little pain medication may be necessary.
- HBO (Hyperbaric Oxygen) – HBO or Hyperbaric oxygen is a medical procedure where a patient sits in a large glass enclosure. Pure oxygen is the introduced under pressure; the air pressure experience is similar to descending in an elevator. This bathing in oxygen under pressure stimulates overall healing. It stimulates bone building activity by the body and is accomplished at a nearby clinic that is familiar with our dental protocols. (Optional)